ITSqc supports a personnel qualification program to prepare individuals to become qualified as eSCM-SP Qualified Consultants and eSCM-CL Qualified Consultants. Personal qualification motivates individuals to be involved with the eSCMs at a personal level. The qualification as a Qualified eSCM Consultant is awarded to those individuals who successfully complete the defined qualification program(s) and ascribe to the ITSqc Code of Professional Practice.
The purpose of this qualification program is to:
- Develop individuals who understand the role of quality models in guiding internal process improvement.
- Develop individuals who have learned how to plan, support, and apply Capability Determination Methods in an organization.
- Provide knowledge and skills training for external consultants or internal personnel at service providers and client organizations who will apply the eSCM-SP or eSCM-CL.
- Develop a cadre of highly trained eSCM-SP and eSCM-CL professionals to support broad transition of the models into practice.
To become a Qualified eSCM Consultant, individuals must successfully complete:
- the relevant eSourcing Capability Model course (eSCM-SP or eSCM-CL),
- the eSCM Capability Determination Methods Course, and
- the relevant Implementation Course (eSCM-SP or eSCM-CL).
To maintain valid qualification as a Qualified eSCM Consultant, individuals must:
- remain in good standing with the ITSqc, including required reporting and payment of all fees, as required,
- successfully complete refresher training, as required, and
- comply with all ITSqc guidance, regulations, standards, and the Code of Professional Practice, in consulting and performing Capability Determinations.
Affiliation with an ITSqc Authorized Organization is not required to be designated as a Qualified eSCM Consultant.